Microsoft released the Update Rollup 9 for System Center 2012 R2.
Update Rollup 9 contains Fixes and Updates for SCDPM, SCOM, SCSM, SPF, SCVMM and Windows Azure Pack..
As we know, there is the possibility that the actual Update Rollup can contain some Bugs, so maybe wait a few days to install, or try it on a Test Environment.
Get all Information’s about Update Rollup 9 for System Center 2012 R2: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3129757
Here are some Details
System Center Data Protection Manager (KB3112306)
- Automatically repair DPM Filter corruptions without requiring a consistency check for file server backups, THAT’S COOOOOL
- No production server restart is required when you upgrade from DPM 2012 R2 Update Rollup 5 or later versions
- Removing the Offline/Online tag from Hyper-V VM name in the DPM UI
- When you perform a recovery for an external data source from an imported tape, and if you try to run a search on the recovery tab, DPM UI may crash.
- If you try to perform an original location recovery from an inactive cloud protection (such as when you remove cloud protection but retain cloud recovery points), the recovery may fail. An alternative location recovery will work in this case.
- If you are protecting client data sources, alternative location recovery may fail. An original location recovery still works in this situation.
- Item level recovery for SharePoint may fail after you upgrade to DPM 2012 R2 Update Rollup 6, 7, or 8.
- If you are already protecting a stand-alone SQL database by using DPM, and then you try to create a mirror database and protect it with DPM, DPM Self Service Recovery Tool does not display the mirror database. However, the DPM recovery wizard shows the mirror database.
- DPM may display the following redundant messages in the event log if End-User Recovery is enabled for any data source and at the same time you configure BMR:
Failed to update permissions used for end-user recovery on DPM_FQDN. Permissions update failed for the following reason: (ID: 3123)
- The DPM console may crash when you open DPM canned reports.
System Center Service Manager (KB3129780)
- The scroll wheel does not work in console forms.
- The AD connector goes for a full sync after you update an LDAP query through PowerShell
- The Service Manager console does not show the details about the settings that have changed and triggered a noncompliance issue in case of DCM incidents.
- Runbook activity does not change the status when the associated Runboook job is groomed out of Orchestrator.
- SQL CoreEnterprise64 is not detected as an enterprise edition by Service Manager.
- With Update Rollup 7 installed, the Active Directory connector fails with an InvalidCastException error.
- With Update Rollup 7 installed, the service component is not available for some Business Services that are imported from Operations Manager.
Portal Hotfix: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3134286
Michael Seidl aka Techguy
1 thought on “Update Rollup 9 for System Center 2012 R2 released”
Pingback: TOP 10 Posts, 2017 » TechGuy